Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

layering dress, self portrait azaelea dress, michael chan photography, valentine's day outfit, date outfit, calgary fashion
Photos by Michael Chan Photography
Happy Valentine's Day! 

Nothing is more suited for the romantic hallmark holiday than a beautiful dress, and I've been wanting this Self Portrait piece for awhile now.  


Self Portrait is known for their feminine designs and quality guipure lace, and I've been obsessed since I first saw them on a few of the girls at Seoul Fashion Week last March. I was so excited to finally be able to try them on at Holt Renfrew when I got back to Canada! Of course, given the design and price, I needed an occasion to be able to actually warrant buying it, and my friend's upcoming wedding gave me such an excuse. 

While I'll be wearing this dress during their nuptials later this year,  I figured I'd style it for the winter temperature, as well as a bit of fancy weekend wear (because who doesn't love getting dressed up for Galentine's Day brunch?). Layering dresses over turtlenecks (and pants if you're really brave!) has been the trend du jour for the past few fall and winter seasons. And with the camisole style bodice, this dress makes for easy layering. A leather jacket is another easy way to make such a feminine, formal piece more suitable for everyday wear. And you just look way more badass, which is obviously a plus.

To be honest, I tried to make a video of a few different ways to style this dress (because it is super versatile, even though it doesn't look it at first glance), but that didn't work out as well as I hoped. When I'm finally able to get a good filming setup, I'll definitely make one though! In the mean time, I'll just have to show you via pictures throughout the year.

Top: Zara (similar here)
Dress: Self Portrait
Purse: Chloe
Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here)
Jacket: Danier (similar here)

layering dress, self portrait azaelea dress, michael chan photography, valentine's day outfit, date outfit, calgary fashion

layering dress, self portrait azaelea dress, michael chan photography, valentine's day outfit, date outfit, calgary fashion layering dress, self portrait azaelea dress, michael chan photography, valentine's day outfit, date outfit, calgary fashion
layering dress, self portrait azaelea dress, michael chan photography, valentine's day outfit, date outfit, calgary fashion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics