Friday, December 2, 2016

The Pleated Midi

Pleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, Banff

Question: are you a mini or maxi girl? Or a midi girl?

 With winter coming, I've been slowly adding layers and length to my outfits. Cue the pleated midi skirt. Nothing I would have worn even a few months ago, but this gorgeous pink satin caught my eye on Asos. Sadly, I decided that since it "wasn't my style" and I was going to wait for a decent discount before buying it... and it sold out a few days later. 


Pleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, Banff

Pleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, Banff








Let's just say I learnt my lesson, and once my size came back in stock (ie. someone returned it) I immediately picked it up (I use Shoptagr for back in stock and sale alerts). It's even prettier in person! The colour is unique, and goes well with my currently blush filled wardrobe. Because on Wednesdays we wear pink, and obviously every other day.

Needless to say, the pleated midi skirt is my new obsession. It's super versatile, and the perfect transitional item in any wardrobe. Get grungy with some studded boots (Chloe anyone?) or elegant with a pair of heels and a blouse. And it shows off my shoes! How can you not love the midi trend?

Speaking of trends, pleated skirts seem to be on the up and up again. To be honest, they normally remind me of my old Japanese school uniform (since I did take a semester in Sapporo back in high school, and my skirt was just a grey, pleated midi skirt). But this season, it's all about luxe fabrics and colours, and the pleated skirt has been taken to a new level in velvets, satins, and metallic foils. The midi skirt doesn't get any better than 2016.

Since I was going to Banff for the Santa Parade, I layered some Uniqlo Heat Tech under this Aritzia sweater and brought out the faux furs. A faux fur jacket is a surprisingly warm option for cold weather, especially with some heat tech underneath. Add a pair of tights and over the knee boots (because trust me, they do work under midi skirts and dresses, despite what my own initial thoughts were) to make sure your legs are warm, and head out into the snow!

Sweater: Aritzia
Skirt: Asos (sold out, similar here)


Pleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, Banff
banffSanta parade, ballerina, Banff
Pleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, Banff
Pleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, BanffPleated Midi Skirt, Fur Coat, Banff
Banff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics