Sunday, May 18, 2014

An Overall Affair

Overalls, spring fashion, summer fashion, Kimchi Blue, American Eagle, Zara, jumper, jumpsuit

Hello spring! Finally. Sort of. I'm honestly just ignoring the weather and pretending it's warm and wearing shorts to spite mother nature. Fake it til you make it right? If I believe and act like the weather is nice, it will eventually get there, right? Right? One can hope.



Overalls, spring fashion, summer fashion, Kimchi Blue, American Eagle, Zara, jumper, jumpsuit
I have officially fallen in love with overalls. Especially white overalls (traditional denim ones scream cowtown to me). To make sure the overalls didn't end up looking country, I paired them with a flowing crop top I picked up from an Urban Outfitters sale, and a bright pair of sandals.

Overalls, spring fashion, summer fashion, Kimchi Blue, American Eagle, Zara, jumper, jumpsuit
I've been into the overall trend for a few years now, however I've never been able to find a pair I absolutely fell in love with, let alone for a price I was willing to pay for something I considered to be so trendy. When I saw these at American Eagle, I knew I had found the ones. Originally I was looking for a white, denim pair, but I loved how these were bleached to an almost white, while still retaining a hint of warm blue. The slight distressing sold them to me.Absolutely gorgeous. 

Overalls, spring fashion, summer fashion, Kimchi Blue, American Eagle, Zara, jumper, jumpsuit
I love to add one item of colour to an otherwise monochrome outfit. While monochrome makes a nice statement, that pop of colour really adds a bit of oomph for me.

Overalls, spring fashion, summer fashion, Kimchi Blue, American Eagle, Zara, jumper, jumpsuit

What do you think of overalls? Leave a comment and let me know!

Top: Kimchi Blue (old) (similar here and here)
Shoes: Zara (old) (similar here and here)

10 comments:

  1. Super cute style on you! Love this overall!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! I love the shoes , they are beautiful
    Hugs Beata

    www.fashionadventuresatanyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ALL about those shoes, they're fabulous! Visiting to day via the I Would So Rock This linkup. P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. DYING over those sandals! Love that you used them to top off this outfit! You definitely don't look country in this outfit - I really like it on you! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these overalls. The rolled style looks so relaxed and chic.

    http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these overalls! I've seen a lot in magazines recently but only full length ones. Love how you've dressed it up with the blue sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'm not a fan of the full length ones on me, but I think the shorts are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these overalls. I just featured overalls in my most recent post, they're making a comeback! xo Andrea


    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Andrea! Haha, I'm so happy for overalls, they make me feel like a kid again (until you pair them with heels!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images

Real Time Analytics